Lately I experimented with a jQuery occasion calendar on our Reserving System. Our earlier model makes use of ASP.NET to construct the reserving chart as a complete on the server after which renders the lot to the browser. It was a bit gradual and clunky, however labored.
I wished to have a PHP model of the Room Reserving System so did a fast port from the ASP.NET C# to PHP, after which I dropped the jQuery fullcalendar element on the web page. I used an internet service for the info which was nonetheless written in C# towards a Microsoft SQLServer database.
The consequences had been beautiful! Moreover trying nicer, the velocity of replace was unbelievable – like a Home windows software. In fact, that is achieved as a result of the web page runs nearly solely within the browser and calendar navigation might request simply small quantity of information utilizing AJAX towards the net service.
May I write your complete software like this?
Can I simply use jQuery and nothing else? Possibly – however not but, not solely. As impressed as I’m with jQuery, I really feel it is simply one of many instruments within the software program developer’s toolbox. I am going to use jQuery an increasing number of however I will be utilizing.NET and PHP too. This is how I summarise it:
- Good Consumer Expertise, near a Home windows GUI
- Spectacular velocity
- Coders do not have to fret about Browser variations
- Reduces Server Load as fewer round-trips
- Extensively used, good group assist
- Many parts already developed
- Open Supply
- You in all probability nonetheless want a Server framework for initialisation and Session administration
- You want one other app to provide your knowledge (like an internet service) written in one other language (like.NET, Java or PHP)
- In bigger apps, slower to code than PHP or ASP.NET
- You must perceive CSS
- Can nonetheless be troublesome to debug, particularly if scripts intervene with one another.
- Supply code is troublesome to guard
- Is usually a little cryptic to learn
If you have not tried jQuery then it’s best to positively accomplish that. It is easy to get into and can improve your internet functions
Posted By: Les Kendall on https://ezinearticles.com/?Benefits-and-Disadvantages-of-JQuery&id=4644898
Leave a Reply